The third episode of Season 4 of Koffee with Karan (runs – Sunday, 9 pm on Star World) aired yesterday on Star World; 15 December 2013. The show featured Aamir Khan & wife Kiran Rao this last weekend – the first time that the couple was seen doing an interview together on the show.
Koffee with Karan – Aamir Khan & Kiran Rao Episode
This was one of the most enjoyable episodes of the show that I have ever seen; if not the most enjoyable. Aamir Khan may have appeared on the show to coincide with the release of Dhoom 3; and we know that Bollywood’s Mr. Perfectionist is known to pull out all the stops when it comes to promoting an upcoming film, but what resulted was an entertaining, enjoyable and cheering episode of the show.
Aamir Khan came across as honest and highly likeable. Kiran Rao again was also very likeable, unaffected and open; she appeared completely at ease with herself – coming across as a happy and confident individual; someone with an infections energy. The dynamic between Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao was affectionate, intimate and well… just so friendly for the want of a better word. They simply seemed to enjoy being with each other so much – we can believe it when Aamir says she is his life partner and soul mate – it made for a great chat show episode; simply good TV.
Koffee with Karan – Highlights of the Aamir Khan & Kiran Rao Episode
- Aamir did not like Karan Johar but now he does
- Aamir doesn’t believe in dancing at weddings; at least not dancing and getting paid for it (a direct dig obviously; but it was said in a completely non-malicious manner)
- According to Aamir Khan, Salman Khan is a bigger star than him – he, Aamir needs a good story, director, cast and so on. Salman on the other hand – raw brute star power – he can just come and shake his belt and everyone just goes bananas
- Aamir spoke of his history with Salman and the evolution of their friendship as well as the relationship he shares with Shah Rukh Khan
- Karan Johar explained why Aamir Khan is a Party Destroyer
- Kiran Rao and Aamir explained by film parties can be enjoyable though Aamir is allergic to loud music
- Aamir admitted that he could learn from Ranbir Kapoor
- Nephew Imran Khan did a small cameo on the show, spoke about how Aamir ‘Mamu’ really is as serious as he is made out to be and told him to lighten up a bit
- Kiran Rao also spoke about her dynamic with Aamir’s family and her step children Junaid and Ira
- Aamir has changed a lot since Kiran has entered his life
- If Aamir is the lion of Bollywood Salman is the lion – the tiger forages for himself whereas the lion expects his harem to hunt for him and present him with a meal
- When asked Aamir said that Kangana Ranaut is the sexiest young actress in the industry
- The rapid fire round was won by Kiran Rao after Aamir and Karan played a little prank on her with the buzzer
- Aamir likes female attention but his wife reads all his messages
- Aamir has an eating disorder, will avoid a bath if he can (because sher kabhi mooh nahi dhota) and has a great sense of humour according to his wife
- The episode featured a quiz on film trivia that was won by Aamir
- The episode also featured some of Bollywood’s leading ladies – Madhuri Dixit, Anoushka Sharma, Kajol, Sonali Bendre – and their views on the man
If you missed the episode on Sunday, click on the YouTube video above to view the entire episode featuring Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao – this is one episode that I do recommend.
And what do we expect next weekend? The next episode of Koffee with Karan will feature the two Gundays of Bollywood – Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor – bound to be interesting, so watch this space for continuing reviews/highlights of each episode of India’s hottest chat show.
By – Reena Daruwalla
Video and images courtesy the Star World India Official YouTube Channel