OK let’s get this out of the way first – the first thing that one notices about Anushka Sharma when we see her on Koffee with Karan, episode 11 (10 February 2014) – is that she has had ‘work’ done.
If the surgery was supposed to give her fuller lips, it may or may not have done that, but what it has actually given her is a strangely stretched, overly large and bulbous upper lip area; it is a look reminiscent of Dara Singh playing Hanuman in Ramandand Sagar’s Ramayana. Seriously, this is surgery that is clearly not for the better – and it was like an elephant in the room – palpably conspicuous, but studiously ignored by all present. Just for the record, any cosmetic lip surgery by Anushka has been officially and consistently denied.
Before we get really carried away, we must remember that Anurag Kashyap was also on this episode of Kofee with Karan –since the filmmaker has recently been making a film with Anushka. The film is Bombay Velvet and it will be releasing by the end of this year. The episode was a quite fun and entertaining with Anushka coming across as her usual effervescent self and Anurag Kashayap coming across as straightforward and unassuming. Here are the highlights of KWK, Episode 11:
Koffee with Karan – Anushka Sharma and Anurag Kashyap episode
- According to Anushka, Karan Johar brings out the worst in people
- Her equation with Deepika (Padukone) is amicable – they are not the best of friends, but not enemies either
- She denied having been in a relationship with Ranvir Singh and also denied that she is currently seeing cricketer Virat Kohli
- Anurag Kashyap was introduced as the brand ambassador of alterative cinema by his host
- According to Anurag, the show Koffee with Karan is a mutual mas***bation society
- He admitted to having hated Karan Johar earlier – but then he was at a stage in life when he hated everyone – he was angry, judgmental, opinionated about everything and everyone
- When posed a question about his separation from his wife Kalki Kochelin, Anurag admitted that it was very difficult, that she is the best thing that ever happened to him and that from his side it wasn’t all over and done
- According to Anushka it is her army background because of which she is so gregarious, and which is why she is misunderstood so often; erroneously linked up to so many of her co-stars
- Anurag doesn’t know how it is that Huma Qureshi (who is just a friend) is being blamed for his marriage breaking up
- About her alleged link up with Virat Kohli, Karan remarked “why bother with the boys when you can have the team”
- When Anurag was trying to explain Anushka’s point of view, he was accused of being her lawyer
- Anurag’s previous angst towards the commercial film industry stemmed from a lack of understanding of the economics of filmmaking
- People think he’s sold out but he now comprehends that commercial films ultimately help finance alternative or parallel cinema
- Anushka is secure enough about her place in the film industry to send other actresses messages of appreciation when they have done well in a film – she thought Kangana Ranaut has been great in Queen.
- Karan Johar thinks that he and Anurag and Anushka and Virat should double date
- Predictably, Anushka’s favourite cricketer is Virat Kohli
- When asked what she has that other actors don’t have, she said ‘perspective’
- Unpleasant people and things are simply deleted from her memory
- She was upset that Priyanka Chopra did not win awards for her role in Barfi!
- According to Anurag Kashyap, film awards are all a farce
- He is jealous of Raju Hirani
- Anurag seems to know more about the Hollywood film trivia than Bollywood film trivia
Anurag Kashyap, whose first time it was on Karan’s couch, won the Koffee hamper for winning the Rapid Fire Round. The film trivia quiz was won by Anushka. The next episode of Koffee with Karan will feature Farah Khan and Abhishek Bachchan. Watch this space for the weekly update and the highlights of each episode of KWK.
By – Reena Daruwalla
Video and Image courtesy the Star World India Official YouTube Channel