1. The first call of the day is from mom wishing you a happy new year and the guilt she lays on you for not calling her in a month
2. You wish your other Bong colleagues at work and go down memory lane about how life was in Kolkata and only they know what ” ADDA” means.
3. You dig deep in your closet and pull out a halka (light) benarasi saree to wear to work – to please your mom and ofcourse look super nice.
4. You get the chance to gorge on yummy food that you grew up eating and no matter how much french cuisine you may appreciate – this is your comfort food – so bring on the – kosha mangsho, chingdi maacher malai, pulao bhaath, kheer, narkol nadu, shandesh etc
5. You go on a shopping spree and buy sarees and clothes for your family – a totally justified guilt free spending spree at the mall
7. You wish “shubho ‘noboborsho” to all – even non Bengali friends in that sweet killer Bengali accent.
8. You spontaneously break into song and dance to celebrate the occasion because you wouldn’t be one if you did not “Esho Hai Boishak … Esho ..Esho”
By Richa Kaura