Let us wholeheartedly support ‘affirmative action’ for the weaker sections of the society.After all,they are more ‘Indian’ than the elite ruling class !

According to the author of this blog,implementation of ’Reservation Policy’ breeds only  ‘mediocrity’ and suppresses merit.We all know that the present affirmative action policy is a valuable gift from the British ,originating from the Poona Pact,.signed after Gandhiji’s fast unto death in Yerawada jail.So at the most the ‘Reservation Policy’ operating now ,is ,say 70 or so ,years old.So ,prior to 1947,such policy was not in vogue.This indirectly , means,that real ’merit’ was ruling India ,for 3000 years of pre-Reservation history.

reservation A fitting reply to the blog :Reservation Doesn’t Beget Chances, It Only Gives Birth To Mediocrity.

Here’s what the ‘merit’ rule of India ,was like ,those days:

  • ·        Only 5%  of the entire society was allowed access to education.This means there was effective operating policy of ’Reservation in Education’ for 5% elite alone.Rest 95% were denied Education.
  • ·        This 5% could do any work of their choice but rest 95% were compelled to do only their caste assigned work
  • ·        Whatever was‘bad’ was made out to be ‘good’ and vice versa ,by the media controlled by this 5% educated people.All Gods were projected as characters with bad qualities like anger,lust,tricks etc.People were made to believe that no God can be good at all.’Gods’ were shown as characters who steal,trick,eve-tease etc.which ,in fact ,is not at all correct.God is good and noble.
  • ·        Oppression of lower caste people was mandated by the educated class.In Kerala,lower caste women were not allowed to cover their breasts even.
  • ·        No economic development agenda was known l ,to the 5% elite rulers.
  • ·        All that was constructed in India was only temples,temples,temples and temples!Thousands of temples were constructed but no useful buildings for public utility were ever thought of.
  • ·        Nothing except religion ,exploitation,injustice,poverty,unhappiness etc.flourished under the ‘merit’people.
  • ·        Schools,hospitals,roads,railways,dams ..were never in their priority.All these came into India,only after the British entered its soil.

If all the above are not considered as ‘mediocrity’ ,then whatever ‘Reservation Policy’ breeds can never be ‘mediocrity’

If the 5% Educated were not mediocre,they would have taken responsibility for the rest 95% ,educated them,lifted them economically and allowed them to be part of India.They never did it and enjoyed every thing all for themselves!

reservations A fitting reply to the blog :Reservation Doesn’t Beget Chances, It Only Gives Birth To Mediocrity.

The days of religious exploitation are over.Let us allow every one in India to enjoy their due share and live  in peace.For this,let us wholeheartedly  support ‘affirmative action’ for the weaker sections of the society.After all,they are the sons-of –the-soil and are ,in a way,more ‘Indian’ than the elite ruling class !

Anonymous

Custom Search

Do you have any contrary opinion to this post - Do you wish to get heard - You can now directly publish your opinion - or link to another article with a different view at our blogs. We will likely republish your opinion or blog piece at IndiaOpines with full credits