Historical Serials such as Ashoka, Jodha Akbar are baseless – Here are the reasons why –

All of a sudden Indian Idiot box is bombarded with historical fictional where we can see the past in the present right from the comfort of our living room. However, although the first impact of these serials is knowledge, trust me, these serials are not educational at all.

Here we share some reasons why historical serial shown on Indian TV like Jodha Akbar, Ashoka, Maharana Pratap are not educational at all –

Because it is less of History and More of Masala

These serials based on the life of Kings, Emperors and Samrat show only 10% of history. The rest 90% is scripted based on the writer’s imagination. Everything is masala for entertainment. The writers care less about the history as far as the content of the serial is concerned.

jodha akbar laboni1 5 Reasons Why Historical Serials Like Ashoka, Jodha Akbar Aren’t Educational At All!

Historical Drama are altered to Increase TRPs

Every serial is TRP hungry and historical drama is no exception. So, if the serial is low on TRP, we  see Emperor Akbar making out with Jodha or Samrat Ashoka getting intimate with Kaurwaki. This is how the CVs pen down the episodes of the serial. The writing is quite contemporary, largely based on the taste of the current generation with zero consideration given to the real story.

jodha akbar love scene 5 Reasons Why Historical Serials Like Ashoka, Jodha Akbar Aren’t Educational At All!

Research Is Quite Poor

We wonder why the serial do not research on the documents and texts on the available subject rather than adding any sort of crap in the form of history. Besides, the timeline of the serial is not just annoying but hilarious. For instance, Ashoka in the serial Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat married when he became 24 but in reality he was already a father at the age of 19.

mohit raina ashoka 5 Reasons Why Historical Serials Like Ashoka, Jodha Akbar Aren’t Educational At All!

 

Historical Serials are Baseless, Bogus and Bizarre!

Historical fiction novels are interesting as the writers take a lot of time to research so that they can add interesting elements in the real story. However, this is not the same for historical serials. Here, they try to add and fit a TRP high contemporary story somewhere in the plot so what, if it costs the history or spoils the reputation of the dynasty completely.

maharana pratap vs mughals 5 Reasons Why Historical Serials Like Ashoka, Jodha Akbar Aren’t Educational At All!

Character Assassination

Yes, time and again we have seen character assassination in these historical serials. Ruqaiyah Begum in the serial Jodha Akbar and Helena in Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat were shown as villains but in reality they both seem to be good and respectable. These historical serials do not even think twice before ripping off a dead person. And many of the TV viewers including the younger generation believe their part of the story when in reality it has no truth at all.

rajmata helena 5 Reasons Why Historical Serials Like Ashoka, Jodha Akbar Aren’t Educational At All!

This is the reason why these historical serials must be watched only for entertainment and not for gaining knowledge or to seek education.

 

Custom Search

Do you have any contrary opinion to this post - Do you wish to get heard - You can now directly publish your opinion - or link to another article with a different view at our blogs. We will likely republish your opinion or blog piece at IndiaOpines with full credits