I am attaching an article which had been posted recently in Facebook by my colleague which blasts the theory of the Kashmiri separatists. These people are enjoying Indian facilities including medical, pecuniary and security but back-stab our great Nation. Their own offspring are well settled abroad or out of the State and have nothing to do with the so called freedom movement. These people are goading the gullible youth of Kashmir into believing that they need to fight India for dignity and self-respect. Earlier, from the feed backs I got from our media, I was one of the many Indians wondering as to why we should waste our resources like manpower and money for a state without any returns . Now after reading this article mentioned below I know I am wrong on many counts. Similarly I would like every Indian to go through the article to refresh his knowledge on Kashmir.
Also from the article, I can surmise that our own Indian propaganda machinery is not just enough to counter that of the Pakis. I would request all the Indian media to highlight the real ground realities in J&K . Again as mentioned in one of my earlier articles, our media should keep on broadcasting the atrocities committed by our neighbor on POK so that every Indian is aware of the unscrupulous means adopted by this failed State. Jai Hind!
KASHMIR THE UNKNOWN DISTORTED FACTS*
*Separatism: Hype vs the truth*
- Separatists control only 5 districts in the whole of J&K which is equivalent to 15%. of Jammu, Kashmir & Ladakh and they are all *Sunni Muslims*.
- The Shias, Sufis, Hindus, Buddhists and Christians are not separatists.
- Two of the three regions of J&K namely Jammu and Ladakh are not Muslim majority areas and cover. 85,000 square kilometers.. When you talk of separatism, there haven’t been any protests against India in this 85 per cent area till date.
- There’s only one section of Muslims community’. The Kashmiri-speaking Sunni Muslims who have a separatist agenda. When you see a TV debate on Kashmir, whom do you see? Omar Abdullah, Mehbooba Mufti, Yasin Malik, Shabbir Shah, Gilani, Asiya Andrabi, and Lone. All Sunni Muslims from these 5 districts out of 22!!
- J&K has around 12 per cent Shia Muslims, around 12-14 per cent Gujjar Muslims and around eight per cent Pahadi Rajput Muslims, Sufis, Christians, Buddhists and Hindus. None of these communities had any separatist leaders.
- When Afzal Guru was hanged, our media made it appear as if the entire state was out on the streets. The reality was that out of 22 districts, there was not a single demonstration in 17 districts and only five districts in the Valley faced mild demonstrations.
- Poonch has 90 per cent Muslims but this district is dominated by powerful Sikhs. Kargil has 90 per cent Muslims, Kargil city has more than 99 per cent Muslims but there was not a single protest in those areas.
- Our perception about J&K is that a battle between nationalism and separatism is going on for past 68 years. Nationalism has neither been lost nor will it, because in most areas of the state, majority of the people are nationalists.
- There is no dispute over J&K and the only issue relating to the state is how to get back areas that are under the illegal occupation of Pakistan and China.
‘Separatism’, ‘dispute’ and ‘autonomy’ are three myths associated with the state. The common perception is that J&K is a separatist state. This is because J&K is perceived first as just Kashmir – a Kashmir which is a Sunni Muslim Kashmir, a Muslim Kashmir which has separatists. It is this portion of Kashmir where the Indian tricolor is burnt down and Pakistani flag is unfurled. Yes, only in these five districts.
The State should be considered as one entity like Jammu (with maximum of the ground area), Ladakh and only thereafter Kashmir.
Finally, Pakistan keeps harping on the UN Resolutions. But Part 2 of these Resolutions very clearly states that Pakistan has to withdraw all its military forces and nationals used for the purpose of fighting in J&K before a plebiscite is held. That was in 1947. It is now 2016. Pakistan has yet to withdraw all its forces from Kashmir including GB. The fact is that the PA will never withdraw its forces from POK. This UN Resolution is thus dead as a dodo.
Secondly, Pakistan signed the Resolution under Chapter VI of the UN Charter which makes the Resolution *NON ENFORCEABLE.*
So Pakistan needs to stop this charade of blaming India for not adhering to the UN Resolutions.
By Narayan Krishna
The views squiggled above are the author’s personal standpoint and not Indiaopines’.