- These are exciting times for the Indian automobile space right now. Not only do Indians have the widest ever choice in international brands and models of cars, the recent launch of the first Indian Sports car is more cause for cheer.
- Described as India’s “first indigenous sports car”, DC Design India has announced the DC Avanti a firm headed by Dilip Chhabria, well known Indian automobile designer. The company’s major claim to fame was the first prototype for the Aston Martin Vanquish which appeared in the James Bond movie Die Another Day and for having designed Vanity Vans for stars such as Sanjay Dutt and Shah Rukh Khan. Known hitherto for customising the cars of others, the company is now getting into manufacturing.
- Slated for an early 2015 launch, the probable price range is going to be Rs. 35 lakh (ex-showroom). The generous ground clearance (for sports cars) of 170mm the car is designed for Indian driving conditions.
- The interiors will feature centre consoles with stacked screens, a 3-spoke steering wheel, chrome surrounds and body coloured separators. The car will feature a touch-screen infotainment system, hooded dials and soft touch buttons for the A/c. (Source – NDTV Auto)
- The car will have a 2.0 litre DOHC four cylinder engine featuring Direct Injection. The Euro 5 complaint engine will be capable of being further upgraded to the upcoming Euro 6 norms with an eye on the overseas markets. It produces a power of 243 PS with 366 Nm of torque with a six speed manual gearbox. The Two seater car has a tubular space frame chassis and will have a rear mounted engine. Electronically restricted to Top Speed of 250 km/h, it will be equipped with ABS & Airbags as standard. (Source – official website)
- The unveiling of the India’s first ever supercar was done by Amitabh Bachchan. Present when India’s first sports car was launched, Mr. Bachchan said that this is a very large step forward.
Video source – NewsX