IS KIRAN BEDI THE NEW RAHUL GANDHI?
- The Twitterati, blogosphere and cartoonists’ cottage industry is having a field day: Kiran Bedi, BJP’s candidate for the CM’s post in the upcoming assembly elections in Delhi has now become the butt of jokes of all types: funny, denigrating, witty, vitriolic. If the Congress had its Rahul, the BJP now seems to have its Kiran. Much like Rahul Gandhi, Kiran Bedi has now come in the line of fire. Check out some of the recent Kiran Bedi cartoons, some complimentary, some not so much.
- Much is being made of the fact that Bedi emerged as a big Modi supporter after being a big Modi critic.
- Bedi’s refusal to participate in a debate with political opponent Arvind Kejriwal is also being seen as weakness and lack of ability to answer difficult questions.
- It was also the recent interview of Kiran Bedi with TV journalist Ravish Kumar that earned her a poor rep. No one ever did as much as Bedi did for the career of this TV journalist!
- Bedi joining the BJP and abandonment of former colleagues of the AAP is being seen as betrayal. And then there was this series of cartoons created on the basis of various film posters that recently went viral.
- So if poor Rahul Gandhi had inadvertently captured the imagination of a thousand satirists, will it be Kiran Bedi who provides fresh inspiration now? We wonder what the wits will come up with next?