Episode 4, Season 4 of Koffee with Karan (runs – Sunday, 9 pm on Star World) was on 22 December 2013. The episode featured the two ‘gundays’ of Bollywood – Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor. It was a fun episode with the two new kids on the Bollywood block – soon to star in the film Gunday – doing a good job of entertaining the audience and convincing every one of their friendship and camaraderie.
Koffee with Karan – Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor Episode
The show featured Ranveer Singh in a dandified, retro avatar with polka dotted (really!) trousers and a rather questionable new hair style. Arjun Kapoor was seen with his trademark stubble, his toothy smile, the hooded come-hither eyes and the characteristic drawl. Ranveer Singh has us all convinced that he is this indefatigable bundle of energy and good spirits whereas Arjun Kapoor came across as someone with more gravitas; albeit with a sense of humour.
Koffee with Ranveer and Arjun – Highlights
- Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor call each other ‘Baba’ and give every indication of being terrific buddies
- Karan Johar is a ‘needler’ according to Ranveer Singh
- Ranveer is in a “good healthy” relationship with Deepika Padukone, they are “very good friends” (not very original, but that’s all the man was willing to concede)
- Ranveer is by nature a “hugger and a kisser”
- Arjun Kapoor’s pet name is FUBU – because he used to wear plus size clothing of the same brand name
- When these two start to chat, it is possible to silence even the usually loquacious K Jo
- There is a ‘Raita’ playlist on Ranveer Singh’s iPod – all sidey dance numbers
- Ranveer is like the Energizer Bunny on the set
- He does an excellent job of mimicking American girls as well as mimicking the ‘Indian’ accent as imagined by the Americans
- Arjun is a late bloomer who is making up for lost time and likes the idea of being a ‘Rampant Rabbit’
- Casting director Shanu Sharma a surprise guest on the show is greeted by both men with screams and hugs
- According to Shanu, Arjun used to be a rude so and so; but both men bagged their roles the first time they auditioned
- Arjun does a great job of imitating uncle Anil Kapoor
- While Ranveer is a ‘crier’ (apart from a hugger and a kisser) Arjun holds everything in
- Arjun has been able to sort out the problems with his dad over the years; his equation with step mother Sridevi is complicated by respectful
- According to Ranveer, Arjun would take a bullet for a friend
- Arjun would like to attend Priyanka Chopra’s Swayamwar, at some point he had a man-crush on Hritik Roshan and the Khan for all seasons is Salman Khan – with answers such as these, he was bound to, and did win the rapid fire round.
- Ranveer won the film trivia quiz
So all in all it was an entertaining episode with a couple of guys doing their little piece as metrosexual men in a bromance. And what do we expect next weekend? The next episode of Koffee with Karan will feature the trio from Student of the Year , Siddharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan so continue to watch this space for reviews/highlights KWK India’s coolest chat show.
By – Reena Daruwalla
Video and images courtesy the Star World India Official YouTube Channel