- We already knew that Modi Fashion is a thing, but we did not know quite how much! It seemed like an ordinary pin striped suit, but it wasn’t. It was actually his name – Narendra Damodardas Modi – printed all over the suit in a stripe pattern! And this is what the PM wore when the President came calling! (Source)
- According to the Wall Street Journal blog, this was one of the things that Modi did to impress POTUS Barrack Obama (the write up also said that Modi dresses better than Michele Obama, so let’s not pay too much attention to what the Americans say.)
- But the ‘Modi’ fied suit certain had the netizens express their disapproval rather vocally this morning, with the #RDayControversy hashtag trending. (scroll down for some tweets)
- Alas this wasn’t a very original fashion statement either. Before this, Hoshni Mubarak, Egypt’s former President had had much the same idea.
- So is this all it takes to become a ‘brand’? Have your name printed or embroidered all over one’s outfit?
- If so Coco Channel, Versace, Pierre Cardin must be shaking in their shoes from the stiff competition posed by Brand Modi!
Images – Twitter
— Sir Chetan Bhagat (@chetan_bhaqat) January 27, 2015
Sorry KiranBedi, you have competition. Modi himself is Modi’s biggest fan. Check out the ‘Damodardas’ suit #RDayControversy
— Anil Acharya (@aa3132) January 27, 2015
— Sandeep Bisht (@iamsandeepbisht) January 27, 2015
Modi is such a narcissist. He wrote his name all over his suit. Dignified people just name Parks, Stadiums, Airports… after their names.
— Overrated Sala (@bhak_sala) January 26, 2015
— Wildcard Vidyut (@Vidyut) January 26, 2015