Our lives are nothing but a reflection of our thoughts and actions. We are what we think and what we do. There are very simple principles of wellness and happiness if we care to follow them. Attitude, though a small word can change our entire lives.
Why should you whine, complain and crib when you can’t change certain things? Why not change your own attitude and the way we perceive things?
Yes, I personally feel, we should do that instead of going through life unhappily- be happy and do things-be positive and feel the remarkable change in your lives. Many a times we complain about small and insignificant things till we see other people with bigger and graver problems. Notice how other people live with all their challenges and difficulties and it will provide a good insight to you.
There are a few simple things to do to make that positive change:
- Gratitude- Be thankful to God for the manifold blessings you have- good health, good family and good opportunities.
- Positive Attitude- Brings automatic happiness leading to success
- Optimism- It makes you optimistic so you can easily overcome and solve many problems
- Good Health- It keeps unhappiness and worries away so that you are healthy both in mind and in body.
- Help others- Bring a ‘SMILE’ to someone’s face, help them and you will find happiness coming back to you multi-fold.
Life is complex, difficult and woeful at times but we must stay positive. Learn lessons from people who have suffered natural calamities yet they are resilient and rise up again to rebuild their broken lives.
So, be responsible and reflect on these simple things to make your life and others’ life happy, healthy and successful.
Dr. Deepika Rupert Gardner
Associate Professor of English, BS & H, BVRIT Hyderabad
Dr. Deepika specializes in English Literature and Linguistics. Her Ph. D is on the Dramatic Vision of Girish Karnad. She is an Oral Examiner and Trainer for Business English Certificate awarded by the University of Cambridge, UK. She loves reading, writing, music and travelling.