- Sixteen ministers in Rajasthan have received terror threat by the Indian Mujahideen on their official e-mail ids. The email sent by an Indian Mujahideen threatens that a series of blasts will occur in the state of Rajasthan on Republic day, January 26.
- The 16 ministers that got the threat mails consist of both, State Ministers(6) and Cabinet Ministers (10) as informed by Rajasthan Director General of Police Omendra Bhardwaj. Though it is revealed today, these mails were received by the Ministers on Monday, December 22 at around 6pm.
- The information was passed on to the Police Department only on Thursday. The Rajasthan Police is investigating the matter to check whether the mail is just a hoax, sent out only to create panic.
- The email, sent from the mail id “Leonazarda”, says, “We are from the Indian Mujahideen, be prepared, we are going to give a BIG BANG surprise. There will be many blasts in Rajasthan and the date of action is 26th January.” (Source)
- ADG-ATS Alok Tripathi mentioned that the language of the mail was poor and theere was no specific tarrget mentioned in the mail. He further added that the terrorist in a very threatening language warns us to be prepared without divulging any other facts oof the mail.
- The Government of Rajasthan however, assures the people that it will make sure that the state is provided with adequate security. “We have got the information and accordingly department has done its preparations. Further action will be taken by the police. Proper safety measures will be taken,” said Rajasthan’s home minister Gulab Chand Kataria.(Source)
With Inputs from PTI