One of the biggest quests when it comes to planning your wedding is definitely the jewelry for the functions. It is an integral part of the outfit and it is important you chose it carefully because after the wedding affairs are over, jewelry seems to be a big investment. Nowadays, online shopping for jewelry has become quite a trend but don’t fall for their marketing gimmicks and start online shopping for jewelry. Although, online websites have great offers, you can’t make hasty decisions based on their chimerical marketing approach.
Here are some tips, which can help you decide how to go about buying your jewelry for your wedding celebrations.
1. You don’t want to look like a walking piece of jewelry, so as per the rules, its important to balance your act. While choosing the statement necklace, make sure the earrings are not bigger than the size of your ears. There are various options for choosing the statement necklace, but by far, the best investment is gold. But diamonds and polka are making a mark in the wedding collection. A polka set gives a pure traditional touch to your attire.
It’s like you representing the Indian heritage through your ostentatious jewelry. A Polki set looks fabulous with lehenga colors like pink, red and golden.
Also, Temple jewelry is an upcoming trend, mainly inspired from gods and temples from the south of India. It gives a bold traditional image of the women, at the same time depicting royalty and respect for one’s cult.
2. The new additions to the tikka family have been trending quite a lot. The passa, matha tikka and the rajasthani borla have been worn like never before. These are available in diamond, gold, polki and even the precious and semi precious stone setting. Experimenting with the wedding jewelry is the way to go. Don’t go for the typical Indian standard jewelry. Wear different headpieces for the functions and make sure they suit your outfit.
3. We always emphasize the most on having heavy jewelry, but it’s important to have light pieces also for the various small occasions in between courtship period and the wedding date. For instance, occasion-based lunches, dinners, birthday parties, festival get-togethers, date nights with your fiancé, kitties, baby showers and announcements, anniversaries and many other non-bridal occasions. Cocktail rings and dangler earrings with pearls, rubies and sapphires are equally important as other pieces of jewelry. A lot of small jewelry startups have some breathtaking pieces of jewelry.
4. One of the latest wedding jewelry fads would be the coming back of the traditional nose ring, which not only looks extremely alluring but makes you look like a maharani from back in the ages. Another one would be the waist belt with your lehenga, which not only defines your outfit but also helps to hide that little extra you have gained due to your preparations stress.
Shilpa Shetty completely rocked her wedding outfit with the help of the traditional polka waist belt beautifully delineating her wait line. Even, Aishwarya Rai in Jodha Akbar looked mesmerizing wearing a beautiful mughlai nose ring.
5. Finally, your wedding chura should not just be the traditional red and white ones. Add some glamour according to the kind of jewelry you are wearing. Add some bangles in the intervals of the chura so that your jewelry is in sync with the rest of the pieces. Diamond bangles in case you are wearing a diamond set and polki bangles in case you are wearing a polki set. There are various colors of chura available but mostly red and white looks the best and most traditional.
By: Vidhi Sagar